About the Role
The CreativeHub 1352 Director of Community Relations is a voting member of the Board of
Directors and appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws of the organization.
CreativeHub 1352’s Director of Community Relations works collaboratively with the Chair,
Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff to support the Board in achieving its program goals.
The Director of Community Relations oversees and advises the CreativeHub 1352 Board on all community relations, and is responsible for:
● Developing and implementing community outreach programs to promote public
awareness of CreativeHub 1352 in Mississauga and beyond;
● Coordinating with community groups and government agencies to schedule
meetings, workshops, and other events to promote public knowledge and cross-
● Build and maintain authentic relationships with community stakeholders, government
agencies, and individuals;
● Coordinating with staff and Board Members to ensure that community outreach
activities are implemented successfully;
● Reporting on community outreach activities and outcomes to Board;
● Designing and implementing community outreach programs that raise awareness
and encourage volunteerism, in collaboration with the Volunteer Director;
● Coordinating with local businesses and community organizations to support
fundraising efforts in collaboration with the Director of Fund Development;
● Other duties as required.
● A commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions;
● An understanding of, and experience with, community outreach and strategy;
● Experience building and maintaining authentic relationships and collaborations with
government agencies, community partners, and key stakeholders;
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to prepare board reports;
● Knowledge of appropriate community resources in the Mississauga area;
● An ability to commit the time required to fulfil the responsibilities described;
● Relevant College and/or University degree or applicable experience;
● Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), team-building and problem-
● Volunteer Board Experience is an asset.
About CreativeHub 1352
CreativeHub 1352 is looking for a Director of Community Relations to join our Board of
Directors and manage the community outreach initiatives of the organization.
CreativeHub 1352 is a non-profit, charitable, community-driven organization which exists for
the advancement of community cultural development through the arts, heritage, and
CreativeHub 1352 is one of many groups vital to the reuse of the
Small Arms Inspection Building, a historically significant site, owned and operated by the
City of Mississauga. As a community programming partner, we deliver a mix of programs,
projects, education, and events that foster collaboration, engage the community, and enrich
people's lives. All proceeds are reinvested to support community arts, heritage and
Please send your resume to David Howes, at: firstname.lastname@example.org