Events and Programs - Arts and Culture
Digital Production/Event Management
Temporary Service Contract from
May 10 – October 29, 2021
CreativeHub 1352 (formerly the Small Arms Society) is a non-profit organization, who works in partnership with residents of Mississauga in the development of unique creative hub programs, events, and projects at the Small Arms Inspection Building (SAIB). The building is a historically significant site, owned and operated by the City of Mississauga. As a community programming partner, we work across the arts, heritage, environment, and technology to deliver a mix of programs, projects, education, and events that foster collaboration and community engagement that enrich people's lives. CreativeHub 1352 offers an opportunity to work closely with artists, innovators, community and regional cultural organizations, and municipal tourism strategists in a community that has become a destination for the annual InSitu Multi-Arts Festival, celebrating visual arts, dance, music, and theatre.
This is a unique opportunity to support the development of Mississauga’s new CreativeHub 1352 that will impact, influence, and inspire artistic and cultural opportunities for local artists, arts organizations, and communities.
CreativeHub 1352 is seeking through a service contract, a dynamic individual with experience in digital and traditional programming methods in the arts, heritage, and environmental sciences. The individual will assist the Board of Directors and the Executive Director as well as play an active role in the development of a variety of programs, engagement and outreach activities at the Small Arms Inspection Building (SAIB) and site along with creating virtual content on various platforms, through CreativeHub 1352.
1. Assist the Board of Directors and Executive Director in the development of various in-person and virtual programs (events, heritage activities, environmental activities, school outreach, festivals, etc.);
2. Assist in the design, implementation, and technology integration of the Mississauga Festival of Trees, Stories of Small Arms Ltd. walking tour app, in-person and virtual art, environmental and heritage workshops, digital arts projects and other programs, events and projects in collaboration with volunteers, stakeholders, and the community;
3. Develop plans and coordinate the administration of programs and events;
4. Creatively brainstorm and modify programming to adhere to regulations surrounding COVID-19;
5. Engage various stakeholders, including the Indigenous community, youth, donors, community partners, and volunteers across Mississauga & GTA;
6. Develop and implement new online engagement and promotion strategies using the web and social media tools;
7. Identify and develop funding resources for current and future programs and activities;
8. Work in collaboration with the Volunteer Director on various events and programs;
9. Assist the Marketing Director in the development of publicity and promotional opportunities such as setting up displays and attending community events representing CreativeHub 1352, as well as expand delivery channels both online and in-person;
10. Prepare publicity and promotional materials for CreativeHub 1352 programs as required.
11. Attend and organize virtual meetings as required.
• Work and educational experience/skills in communication, project management, program planning, outreach and engagement, technology, marketing and fundraising.
• Excellent writing and verbal/presentation skills with the ability to summarize information and connect with a variety of audiences (Indigenous, youth, educators, service providers, donors, government and volunteers).
• Experience developing and coordinating content for different social media platforms.
• Experience in the design, development and implementation of arts and culture, public relations, and/or education programs and events.
• Strong interpersonal, customer service, administration, problem-solving and planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently.
• Creative self-starter; proven initiative and ability to work collaboratively.
• Strong organizational and program planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience in preparing, updating and maintaining online program content for websites, Eventbrite and including content management systems an asset.
• Experience with Word press or basic HTML/CSS an asset.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to work pro-actively with the non-profit Board of Directors and Committees. Ability to provide services independently and from home. (the organization’s Work from Home Policy can be used as a guide). Some evening and weekend services will be required to support the organization’s programs.
Hours of Work:
Average 35 hrs./week, available Monday to Friday, May 10 to October 29, 2021. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The selected individual will be hired through a service agreement.
Rate of pay for services, $20/hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: by May 7, 2021
CreativeHub 1352 is an equal opportunity service provider, committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank applicants for their interest, however; only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
We would like to acknowledge funding support from Ontario Trillium Foundation, Resiliency Grant Fund.