About the Role
The CreativeHub 1352 Director of Communications is a voting member of the Board of Directors and appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws of the organization.
The Director of marketing and Communications works collaboratively with the Chair, the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, volunteers and staff to support the Board in achieving its governance and communications responsibilities
● Oversee and develop external media and public relations communication plans over the short-and long-term, including target stakeholders, key messages, timing and distribution;
● Ensure external media and public relations communication plans are in place to drive the Hub’s brand awareness and elevate the brand (e.g. events, engagements, interviews, and other public facing opportunities);
● Share industry communication resources, techniques and practices to support the Hub’s
programs, events and initiatives.
● Prepare written communications across various channels to support the Hub’s programs, events and activities. (website, social media, annual reports, presentations)
● Assist in incoming media inquiries, develop media contacts in print, television, radio and with other industry and community influencers;
● Direct the development of strategies and activities to generate favorable news coverage and dissemination of information to enhance the Hub’s reputation in the community and industry, working closely with Marketing and Communications teams;
● Assist in the development and growth of diverse audiences as it relates to messaging and brand identity, as well as for generating awareness and the marketing of the organization & offerings.
● Serve as The Hub’s expert on public affairs and external communications, including developing strategic relationships with stakeholders.
● Ensuring marketing and communications activities align and reflect the Hub’s vision, mission, policies and procedures;
● Developing and monitoring annual marketing and communication budgets to ensure adequate funds.
● Working with the volunteer Program and Fund Development Committees and suppliers to develop specific promotional strategies that enhance participation and support of the Hub’s operations and capital projects.
● Enhancing the organization’s image/brand with the community, stakeholders and participants;
● Engaging potential participants and stakeholders in the Hub’s programming, fundraising, and networking activities through various print, digital and social media platforms;
● Managing the Marketing & Communications Committee volunteers to ensure individuals have various skills necessary for implementing and managing an annual plan;
● Developing policies and procedures related to Marketing & Communication strategies
Skills and Qualifications
● Understanding of non-profits and commitment to the Hub’s mission and strategic directions;
● Experience in public relations, communications, and marketing initiatives;
● Experience with community engagement, collaborative practices and partnering;
● Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, partners, volunteers and Board team.
About CreativeHub 1352
CreativeHub 1352 is a non-profit, charitable, community-driven organization which exists for the advancement of community cultural development through the arts, heritage, and environmental sciences. CreativeHub 1352 is one of many groups vital to the reuse of the Small Arms Inspection Building, a historically significant site, owned and operated by the City of Mississauga. As a community programming partner, we deliver a mix of programs, projects, education, and events that foster collaboration, engage the community, and enrich people's lives. All proceeds are reinvested to support community arts, heritage and environmental programs.
Please send your resume to David Howes, one of our Board members, at firstname.lastname@example.org